Ashok Leyland Ecomet STAR 1415 is India's first 7 Cubic Meter ICV Tipper
Strengthening its presence in the CV space, Ashok Leyland has launched the Ecomet STAR 1415 in India. The vehicle is currently the only ICV with 7 cubic meter capacity. Ashok Leyland's tipper ICV tipper range now has three products on offer- Ecomet Star 1015 tipper (5 cubic meter), 1215 tipper (6 cubic meter), and 1415 tipper (7 cubic meter).
Ashok Leyland ecomet STAR 1415: Key Facts To Know
- ecomet STAR 1415 can be used in multiple roles like transportation of sand, Blue metal, bricks, construction material and in road construction. It is claimed to carry 10-15% more load per trip, translating to increased revenue for the owner.
- The truck gets a heavy-duty axle, suspension and frame. It has a metal built cabin that offers optimum driver occupant comfort as well. Ashok Leyland claims longer service intervals and lower maintenence costs for the truck.
- The ecomet STAR 1415 has a GVW of 14 tonnes and comes with a twin tipping ram for heavy duty ops. It can carry 7 cubic meters of load and gets full side opening as well.
- The ecomet 1415 is powered by the manufacturer's H4 iGen6 engine delivering 150 hp and 450 Nm, and known for its fuel efficiency. It is paired to a 6 speed heavy duty DD transmission with improved gear ratios.
- Talking of other specs, 9R20*16 tyres are standard while Nylon tyres can be had as payable extras, the digital instrument cluster offers advance driver assist features, and there is the i-Alert telematics system offered as well.