The electric sedan also gets a new colour with the update
Tata Motors has rolled out an update to the Tigor EV electric sedan which gives it more range and features along with a new colour option. The manufacturer had originally launched the Ziptron-powered electric Tigor in August 2021. Post the update, the vehicle is even more practical and usable. Here is everything to know about it:
- New Colour option: While you might have differences in opinion around if or not it looks good on the car, the electric Tigor now gets this new shade of Red called Magnetic Red. The car is thus available in 3 shades now: Magnetic Red, Daytona Grey and Signature Teal Blue.
- More Features: The updated Tigor EV gets new features like leatherette upholstery, a leatherette-wrapped steering wheel, rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlamps, and cruise control. Also, things like Tata ZConnect connected car tech, smartwatch connectivity, iTPMS, and puncture repair kit, are now available on all variants.
- Powertrain Updates And Range Improvement: The battery pack and electric motor remain unchanged and with identical output figures as before. However, the updated Tigor EV gets selectable regen modes- much like the ones found on Nexon EV Prime and Max. The range figures have gone up by 9 km, to a total of 315 kilometres for every charge.
- Two New Variants: Tata Tigor EV now gets two new variants- XZ+ Lux and XT. XZ+ Lux is now the range-topper, while the XT replaces the outgoing Tigor EV XM.
- Existing Tigor EV conversions: Key upgrades will soon be available to the existing Tigor EV owners via free software updates. Tata Motors had previously done the same with the Nexon EV, whereby existing Nexon EV owners could convert their vehicles into EV Primes.
- Updated Prices: With the update rolling out, the price lists have also been revised. The new one is as follows:
|Tigor EV Variant||Price (ex-showroom)|
|XZ+ Lux||13.75 lakh|